Twitter / emswazzu

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Stars Down is Minty Fresh...

In the last stand of their residency at The Mint I saw the band play July 29th...

Stars Down at The Mint

I have seen Lukas play 2x previously acoustic...this was my first time seeing him accompanied by the new band...

I was convinced I liked him calm, thoughtful, and focused on his music, and voice. I was never a fan of the drunken frankenstein bit, that frankly was a turn off for me from his Rockstar: Supernova performances on the TV.

But, alas, that may have been just distant memory, because he was both melodic and fun to watch amongst his new bandmates in Stars Down. This band incarnation, is interesting, and you can see they are starting to get that organic band thing going.

I wish them much success. We(my friends and I) got to hang out with the Bass player, German Briseno, after, and hear what it is like being in this band, other bands, and what it is like to choose this life, a musician's life...

I am a big supporter of the creative path in life...I myself struggle with having made the 'safe' decision to work in the business world over pursuing more creative endeavors. And I love music, as a consumer... I respect that the folks that struggle, oft times for years, chasing their dreams, may make it, or may just get by. The pursuit of what is art, and I believe music is art...is a long hard road. Sure there are "rockstars"...but mostly, there are folks that toil day to day, from band to band, dark bar to dark bar, playing their music for whomever will listen...Because they believe. Anywho, I just want to say to German, Lukas, Jon, keep doing what you are doing. Follow your bliss. Dream the dream.

And with that...I sipped my Diet Coke this evening, and snapped a few images from my lovely table right in front...


Stars Down at The Mint


Stars Down at The Mint


Stars Down at The Mint


Stars Down at The Mint


Stars Down at The Mint


Stars Down at The Mint


Stars Down at The Mint


Stars Down at The Mint


Stars Down at The Mint


Stars Down at The Mint


Stars Down at The Mint


Stars Down at The Mint


Stars Down at The Mint


xoxo
~Elisa

Full set of images on Flickr!
www.starsdowninc.com
www.myspace.com/starsdownmusic
RockBandLounge.com :: Event thread ~ Stars Down at the Mint, July 29th

6 comments:

wattdotcom said...

Fantastic Pics! I'm anxiously waiting for my 50mm lens to be delivered so I can try it out. Maybe Stars Down will get up to your neck of the woods soon so I can visit the 'mother ship' LOL!

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so beautiful and real. I haven't seen this band in person but have friends who told me about the immense talent of singer/songwriter Lukas Rossi and the equally talented musicians of this band. There is an intensity that is so obvious about these musicians who are all genuine artists. You just can't fake that. I love their music and hope that they achieve much success.

Sherri B. said...

Beautiful photos, and I love what you have to say about people following their creative path. To me, these are the most admirable people on the planet...they endlessly pursue their passion no matter what the hardships or obstacles! They really get what life is all about and I am in awe of their courage.

I love your blog and you really capture "life" in your photos...I'll be back to visit often.

Bouffe said...

Aw, finally! *L* All I wanted to say I said already... I love the pics... You really captured something special there... Love ya, too... :)

Cheryl said...

I love the crazy eyes! You really *got* the feel of the night! I'm glad you brought out your camera - and glad we were so close to all the action...

Keep sipping that Diet Coke - it seems to work for you!

Elisa Sherman | photosbyelisa.com said...

LOL...gawd I had so much Diet Coke that night...from afternoon through that show...

I went off caffiene for a week because of that ...I had to cleanse! lol...

That said, I mentioned it, because it was the most relaxed shooting I have done in a while;) there were times I was bracing the lens with 2 fingers while holding the coke! lmao...

About Me

My photo
I am a financial systems analyst by day, and a music & event photographer by night...and weekends! You can see more at http://photosbyelisa.com & my blog here... As well, I am just launching a brand new music site, at http://www.seattleliveinconcert.com

My Flickr :: most recent

www.flickr.com
Elisa ~ www.emswazzu.com's items Go to Elisa ~ www.emswazzu.com's photostream